ExactMetrics uses best practices and coding standards for compatibility with other WordPress plugins or themes.
However, from time to time, there can be an occasional theme or plugin conflict with ExactMetrics.
Follow this guide to learn how to troubleshoot the theme or plugin conflict before contacting ExactMetrics support.
How to Test for Plugin Conflicts
First, check if the conflict still exists without your plugins or theme activated:
- Deactivate all non-ExactMetrics plugins.
- Switch your WordPress theme to a default theme like Twenty Twenty.
- Then check if the problem still exists.
What to Do if the Problem No Longer Exists
If the problem disappears after deactivating non-ExactMetrics plugins and switching to a default theme, then it means something on your site is conflicting with our plugin.
Next step is to determine which plugin or theme is the direct cause of the problem:
- Activate each plugin one by one.
- As you activate a plugin, check to see if the problem appears again. If the problem does not appear, repeat Step 1.
- Once you’ve tested all plugins, and find no issues, switch back to your theme.
- Check to see if the problem appears.
Once you narrow down which plugin or theme is causing the issue you’re seeing, you can:
- Reach out to the developer of the conflicting plugin or theme and report the problem.
- File a bug report for the ExactMetrics development team.
What to Do if the Problem Remains
If the problem exists without any other plugins activated and while using a default theme, please file a bug report, and we can look into the matter.