Enabling enhanced eCommerce with ExactMetrics will give you more valuable engagement insights on your WooCommerce, MemberPress, Easy Digital Downloads, or LifterLMS shop.
Follow this guide to learn how to enable these options within Google Analytics and WordPress.
Install ExactMetrics and the eCommerce Addon
- You’re an ExactMetrics Pro user or higher.
- ExactMetrics is installed and authenticated with Google Analytics.
- You have your WooCommerce, MemberPress, LifterLMS or Easy Digital Downloads plugin installed and activated.
- You’ve already installed the eCommerce addon.
Enable Enhanced eCommerce Tracking in Google Analytics
Step 1. Open analytics.google.com and choose the correct property and view:
Step 2. Click into Admin.
Step 3. Within the View column (the far right), click on Ecommerce Settings.
Step 4. Within the “Enable Ecommerce” section, click “On” for the options Status and Enable Related Products. Then click Next Steps.
Step 6. Lastly, click “On” for the option Enhanced Ecommerce Settings and click Submit.
Enable Enhanced eCommerce in ExactMetrics
Step 1. Log into your WordPress site and go to ExactMetrics » Settings » eCommerce.
Step 2. Turn on the Use Enhanced eCommerce toggle.
Clear all caches:
Once you’ve enabled all of the options, it’s important to clear cache. You’ll need to double-check if you have any plugin or server caches:
- Server-based such as WPEngine, SiteGround, Pagely, etc.
- Plugin-based such as W3 Total Cache, Super Cache, AutoOptimize, WP-Rocket, etc.
Once you track down the different types of caching available for your website, make sure to clear them.
For more details, you can learn how to clear your cache in WordPress on WPBeginner.
You’ll need to wait about 24-48 hours for data to begin collecting.
Additionally, Google Analytics is not able to retroactively add data. This means data won’t be available for past purchases.
After 24-48 hours, we have these Troubleshooting guides:
If you need to troubleshoot your configuration, here are some guides:
- eCommerce Purchase Data isn’t Showing up in Google Analytics.
- Learn how purchases are Added and Removed from Google Analytics.
If you’d like to make a test purchase, please remember to test while logged out or to test using an incognito window. ExactMetrics, by default, does not track Admins or Editors.
That’s it! You’ve learned how to enable Enhanced eCommerce with ExactMetrics.