ExactMetrics makes it easy for website owners to gain insight on how many visitors are clicking on telephone links. These are tracked within Google Analytics as “events”.
When you enable ExactMetrics on your website, you automatically enable telephone link tracking. This feature is available in all versions of our plugin, alongside many more events automatically tracked.
Follow this guide to locate where your telephone link clicks appear in your Google Analytics.
- ExactMetrics is already installed and configured on your website.
- You’ve allowed some time to pass for your Analytics to collect data.
- Or you’ve tested your telephone link tracking while logged out of your WordPress.
- Your Google Analytics date range picker is set to yesterday.
Find Telephone Link Click events in Google Analytics
Step 1: Go to analytics.google.com and choose your Google Analytics property from the account picker.
Step 2: Next open the Events report at Reports » Life cycle » Engagement » Events.
Step 3: Your telephone link clicks will appear as tel in your Events report. Click on tel to open a detailed report page.
Here are a few suggestions of what to look into:
- Set the Secondary Dimension Custom parameter to Source/Medium.
- Set the Secondary Dimension or Custom parameter to Page.
- Experiment with other options in the secondary dimension or custom parameter dropdown.
- Experiment with other menu items under events.
You did it! You’re now able to view your telephone link click events.
ExactMetrics makes Analytics easy and adds even more ways to measure your results. Curious about the source of your outbound link clicks? Check out our guide: How to Find the Source of Outbound Traffic in Google Analytics.