How did your website do in 2023? Did your traffic grow? Where did most of your traffic come from?
Answer those questions and many more with the ExactMetrics Year in Review Report, live now until January 14th!
When you can see at a glance how your website did in 2023, you can use that information to plan out what you’ll do to grow your business in 2024. There’s no need to run a bunch of reports in Google Analytics just to find out your 2023 performance. Just open the Year in Review tab in ExactMetrics!
Wondering how exactly you can use your Year in Review report to come up with ideas for 2024? Read on to find out.
What’s Included in the Year in Review Report
To find your report, head to ExactMetrics » Reports » Year in Review:
Now, let’s take a look at what you’ll find in the ExactMetrics Year in Review report. These will vary slightly based on which version of ExactMetrics you use and which addons you have active:
- Total visitors
- Total sessions
- Visitors by month
- Top countries
- Total pages viewed
- Top pages
- Traffic by device type
- Top referral channels
- Total revenue, products sold, most popular product, and highest earning product
- Traffic by browser
- Top 5 source/mediums
Here’s a snapshot of how your report will look:
2024 Growth Ideas
Now, let’s take a look at a few ways you can use your 2023 Year in Review report to grow in 2024.
- Repeat marketing campaigns that worked. Did you have a couple of stand-out months in 2023 according to the visitors by month report? Take a look back at what you did and repeat what really worked. If it’s hard to figure out what you did, remember to take notes in 2024 using Site Notes.
- Focus on channels that converted. Take a look at your Top 5 Sources report. Which sources have the highest conversion rates? Focus on those channels in 2024 to attract the traffic that’s most likely to convert.
- Create more top content. What were your top pages in 2023? Why were they at the top? Think about what content you can create that’ll see the same kind of success.
- Build more backlinks and create more partnerships. Do you see any opportunities in your top referrals report? If you get some traffic from a specific social media channel or other site, there might be opportunities there to create more referral traffic in 2024. Maybe you could reach out to the referral site to create a partnership, or plan more social content for the channel you got the most interest on.
Keep in mind, the report will only be available until the end of January 14th. If you want to keep your report, remember to download it as a PDF by then!
Wishing you all the best in 2024!