Are you looking for the best WordPress form plugin? You’re in the right place! Regardless of your niche or industry, this is one of the most important plugins your WordPress site should have.
We’re not just talking about contact form plugins though. While necessary, they’re not the end-all, be-all of forms. Your site may also need a form plugin to create:
- Surveys and Polls
- Payment Forms
- Appointment Schedulers
- Event Registration
- Online Order Forms
- Customer Feedback Forms
These types of forms offer the potential to do so much more than allow site visitors to get in touch with you. They can help you capture leads, make a sale, grow your email list, collect payments, and more.
There are many form plugins to choose from, so finding the right one for your site can be challenging.
To help you sort through the many options, we’ve put together a list of the 6 best form plugins for WordPress.
Let’s dive in!
WPForms is the best WordPress form plugin available. But don’t just take our word for it! It has more than 3 million active installs and over 7,000 5-star reviews! With such high marks, it’s safe to say WPForms is one of the most popular and trusted form plugins around.
It is incredibly rich in features while still being super easy to use. With a simple drag and drop builder, WPForms is one of the most beginner-friendly and straightforward form plugins.
Creating a form takes just minutes, whether starting from scratch or using any of the pre-built form templates.
WPForms can be used to create both basic and complex forms, as well as surveys, order forms, donation forms, file uploads, and more. Best of all, you don’t have to write a single line of code to build, customize, or embed your WordPress forms.
Every form created with WPForms is automatically mobile-friendly, so it doesn’t require any extra set up.
WPForms also connects with other marketing software and includes addons to easily create more advanced forms.
Key Features of WPForms:
- User-friendly plugin with drag and drop form builder
- Mobile responsive form designs
- Pre-built form templates
- Smart conditional logic for personalizing forms
- Form abandonment tracking
- Multipage forms for better user experience
- Distraction-free form landing pages
- Password protected forms
- Learn about your visitors with geolocation data
- Allow users to upload files and media through form submissions
- Captcha and Honeypot for spam protection
- Built-in options for GDPR compliance
- Accept online payments through PayPal and Stripe addons
- Easy integration with popular email marketing software
Pricing for WPForms starts at $39.50 per year with the Basic Plan and you can upgrade to the Pro Plan for more features and addons. Premium plans also include a 14-day money-back guarantee.
You can also try the free version, WPForms Lite, on your WordPress site.
Formidable Forms is also one of the best form plugins for WordPress. Although easy to use, it is made for advanced users and developers looking for more customization features, such as its visual form styler.
When it comes to creating more complex forms, Formidable Forms delivers. Use the drag and drop editor to create polls and surveys, registration forms, and more in no time.
Want more flexibility when it comes to the design element of your forms? The style editor allows you to change colors, fonts, and more for an extra layer of customization. This feature is one of many that makes Formidable Forms a favorite among WordPress users.
Key Features of Formidable Forms:
- Create unlimited forms of any type
- Quickstart option using pre-built form templates
- Drag and drop form builder
- Customize forms with the visual styler
- Smart forms with conditioned logic
- Invisible spam protection
- Built-in options for GDPR compliance
- File uploads
- Cascading lookup fields
- Convert form entries into directories, calendars, and lists
- Integration with email marketing services
Formidable Forms offers a free version with limited features for those just getting started. Its paid plans start at $99.38 per year for the Basic plan and go up to $399.53 per year for the Elite plan.
Like many other form plugins available today, Ninja Forms uses a drag and drop editor. Beginners will have no trouble creating a range of forms for their site, from simple contact forms to more complex surveys.
The functionality is one of the things that makes this plugin an excellent option for beginners. Ninja Forms also syncs nicely with popular email marketing services such as Constant Contact, Aweber, and GetResponse.
While easy to use, Ninja Forms isn’t quite as powerful as other WordPress form plugins. You’ll have to purchase addons separately to get more advanced features, which can be expensive depending on your needs.
Key Features of Ninja Forms:
- Easy-to-use form builder
- Developer-friendly options for more experienced users
- Integrates with different marketing services
- Includes many different addons for further customization
- Export submissions as a PDF, Excel file, or Google Sheet
- Allow users to upload a file during a form submission
- Accept credit card and PayPal payments
Ninja Forms offers a free version as well as a premium version starting at $99 per year. You can also purchase addons separately for a more personalized plan.
If you’re looking for more advanced options, Gravity Forms is one of the best form plugins for WordPress. Users can create basic forms or more complicated ones using features like file uploads, conditional logic, and payment systems.
It also comes packed with a bunch of amazing features and there’s no need to mess with code. The simple drag and drop system provides a user-friendly experience, making it ideal for beginners.
If you do run into any trouble with Gravity Forms, there are plenty of ways to get help. Connect with the support team, or access any of the forms, FAQs, or the knowledge base to find a solution.
Key Features of Gravity Forms:
- Intuitive visual editor
- Mobile responsive designs
- 30+ ready to use form fields
- Automatic email notifications for form submissions
- Perform calculations based on submitted field values
- Enable users to save forms and complete them later
- Allow visitors to submit documents and files
- Configure forms using conditional logic
- Set form limits and schedules
- Spam protection with options like Google ReCaptcha
Gravity Forms plans start at $59 per year for a Basic license.
Formstack is a form plugin designed with businesses in mind. The form builder allows users to create advanced forms with conditional logic, A/B testing, and more. Integrating Formstack with other applications makes its features even more powerful.
Formstack simplifies the process of collecting important data and keeping it organized. You can easily embed forms into posts, pages, and the sidebar of your website. Doing so requires a few extra steps though.
That’s because this plugin wasn’t created specifically for WordPress. To embed forms on your site, you’ll need to download the free integration plugin from WordPress repository.
There is no free version of Formstack, and although it has a lot to offer, it’s also one of the most expensive form plugins for WordPress. Getting access to some of the more desirable features means choosing a higher-priced plan.
Another thing to consider is how many forms your site will need.
Each of the premium plans has a limit on how many online forms you can create. For example, the least expensive plan (Bronze) only offers a maximum of 5 forms.
Key Features of Formstack:
- Drag and drop interface
- Integration with 3rd party apps
- Conduct A/B testing using data analytics
- Connect forms with CRMs and payment processors
- Create advanced forms with conditional logic
Try it free for 14 days. After that, choose between 4 premium plans ranging from $19-$249 per month.
If you just need a contact form, Contact Form 7 is a popular option with more than 5 million active installations. It’s free to use, which makes it a desirable contact form plugin for many.
Aside from being budget-friendly, this plugin can be difficult for beginners to use. It uses a form template system rather than a drag and drop builder, so you’ll need to know some basic HTML code to use this plugin.
Once you figure out how to use and customize the templates, you’ll be able to create the form you want. But keep in mind that they may look dated compared to forms created with WPForms or Formidable Forms.
Key Features of Contact Form 7:
- Great for simple contact forms
- Customize each form with form fields like text boxes, dropdown menus, checkboxes, and radio buttons
- Prevent spam with Google reCaptcha and Akismet
- Integrates with Constant Contact
- Supports AJAX forms
Contact Form 7 and all it is features are available for free.
What is the Best Form Plugin for WordPress?
That’s it! Now you can use this review of the 6 best form plugins for WordPress to find the right plugin for your site.
While they’re all great options, our top pick is WPForms.
It’s super easy to use, has the highest user ratings, and the advanced features will help you get the most out of your forms. It also integrates nicely with other marketing services and plugins, including ExactMetrics, which makes it easy to track form conversion rates.
Best of all, you can try the free version to see if it is right for you before upgrading to any of the premium versions.
We hope you found this review of the 6 best form plugins for WordPress helpful! You may also want to check out these tutorials on how to set up form submission tracking and split testing your signup forms.