Are you in search of the best VoIP providers for small business needs?
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is a game-changer in the world of business communication, but choosing the right VoIP provider can be tricky. You want to ensure you’re staying on top of quality and features while finding an option that fits your budget.
This guide will introduce you to some top VoIP providers tailored for small businesses, combining quality, affordability, and user-friendliness.
Let’s dive in and find the perfect fit for your business communication needs!
The Benefits of Using a Small Business VoIP Service
The best VoIP phone system for small businesses offers a range of benefits that can revolutionize how you handle communication. Here’s a look at some key advantages:
- Cost-effective: VoIP services are often more affordable than traditional phone systems, helping to reduce communication costs.
- Advanced communication features: Enjoy essential features like call forwarding, automatic routing, caller ID, and more.
- Scalability for growth: As your business expands, easily add more advanced features to your VoIP system.
- Remote work compatibility: VoIP services are ideal for remote workers, breaking the limitation of needing to be in the office.
- CRM and CMS integration: Seamlessly connect your communication system with CRM and CMS platforms, enhancing efficiency and reducing miscommunications.
- Automated responses and auto-attendants: Streamline customer interactions with automated responses and call routing, freeing up staff for other tasks.
These key benefits demonstrate how VoIP services can efficiently support small businesses, providing cost-effective and adaptable communication solutions.
The Best VoIP Providers for Small Business
Now that you understand how choosing the best VoIP phone system for small business needs can benefit you, let’s look at our selection:
Nextiva stands out in the VoIP market for its versatile communication solutions, catering to small businesses and large corporations.
It’s known for HD call quality at an affordable price, making it a prime choice for small businesses. With no annual contract requirement and a simple web-based admin panel, Nextiva stands out for ease of use.
There is round-the-clock customer support for businesses setting up Nextiva, even with the basic plan. It also offers additional tools like CRM, live chat, and online surveys, enhancing overall business communication.
- Offers a comprehensive package including unlimited calling and internet faxing
- Auto-attendant, audio conferencing, and voicemail transcription
- It boasts a 99.999% uptime
- Provides 24/7 live support for all plans
- Advanced VoIP conferencing capabilities with call recording
- Seamlessly integrates with various applications
- Access to historical and live call data for better decision-making
- Essential: Starting at $18.95 per user/month
- Professional: Starting at $22.95 per user/month
- Enterprise: Starting at $32.95 per user/month
Ooma Office Phone stands out in the VoIP service market, especially for small businesses seeking a blend of functionality and professionalism.
What sets Ooma apart is its ability to make small businesses appear more established through advanced features like a virtual receptionist and toll-free numbers.
Ooma provides a versatile and scalable communication solution catering to various business niches.
- A virtual receptionist and toll-free numbers for a polished business image
- Call blocking feature to minimize unwanted calls
- Call forwarding and a smartphone app for seamless connectivity
- Includes video conferencing, call recording, and voicemail transcription for comprehensive communication management
- Set up business hours to route calls efficiently
- Features like multi-ring and ring groups to enhance teamwork
- Ooma Office Essentials: $19.95 per user per month
- Ooma Office Pro: $24.95 per user per month
- Ooma Office Pro Plus: $29.95 per user per month
RingCentral stands out in the VoIP service market for its comprehensive, feature-rich offerings that cater to small businesses and enterprise-level organizations.
What distinguishes RingCentral is its integration of phone, messaging, and video into a single, seamless platform.
This integration facilitates external customer interactions and enhances internal communication and workflow efficiency.
- Available in over 110 countries
- More than 250 app integrations, including Salesforce and G Suite
- Real-time analytics to monitor and enhance communication efficiency
- Offers toll-free numbers, enhanced business SMS, and voicemail-to-text services
- Automated bot responses for routine tasks and call routing
- An internal platform for real-time team communication, file sharing, and project collaboration
- Essentials: $19.99 per user/month
- Standard: $22.99 – $27.99 per user/month
- Premium: $32.99 – $34.99 per user/month
- Ultimate: $42.99 – $49.99 per user/month
Phone.com offers an affordable and versatile VoIP solution tailored for small businesses. This service stands out for its comprehensive features, including voice and video calls, text messaging, and fax capabilities.
Its unique selling point is the premium AI-powered Answer Bot service, which enhances efficiency by managing spam calls and ensuring accurate call routing.
Also, they are known for their flexibility, allowing businesses to mix and match plans based on individual employee requirements. This approach ensures businesses pay only for the features they need, making Phone.com a cost-effective and adaptable VoIP solution for small businesses.
- Automates call routing and spam filtering
- Speed test software to maintain high-quality call standards
- Provides local, vanity, and international numbers
- Supports video conferencing with up to 100 users and free conference calls
- Offers virtual background templates for video calls
- Basic Users: $12.74 per user/month
- Plus Users: $18.69 per user/month
- Pro Users: $27.19 per user/month
Grasshopper caters to the needs of self-employed individuals and small businesses, offering a unique approach to VoIP services.
It enables users to add a business phone system directly to their personal phones, eliminating the need for separate business devices. This integration is ideal for those who want to maintain a clear distinction between personal and professional communications without the complexity of multiple devices.
Grasshopper stands out for its simplicity and flexibility, offering essential communication features like voice calls and text messaging without overwhelming users with unnecessary extras.
- Allows adding a business line to a personal phone
- Offers both desktop and mobile apps
- Quick and straightforward to set up
- Virtual phone receptionist
- Includes business texting, call forwarding, and voicemail transcription
- Provides vanity toll-free and local numbers, with the option to transfer current numbers
- Offers 24/7 support
- True Solo: $14/month for 1 phone number and 1 extension
- Solo Plus: $28/month for 1 phone and 3 extensions
- Partner: $46/month for 3 phone numbers and 6 extensions
- Small Business: $80/month for 5 phone numbers and unlimited extensions
CallHippo distinguishes itself as a user-friendly virtual business phone system, embraced by over 5,000 brands globally, including major players like Amazon and Shopify.
This service is designed for businesses seeking efficient international communication, offering instant access to local numbers in over 190 countries.
CallHippo’s intuitive features are geared towards optimizing customer interactions based on geographic locations, making it a valuable asset for global outreach.
- Free trial
- Get local numbers to more than 50 countries
- Algorithmically determines the best time to call international customers
- Includes real-time analytics and inbound/outbound call monitoring
- Compatible with a wide range of popular plugins and software
- Features easy video conferencing and a power dialer
- Basic: Free, providing basic services at no cost
- Starter: Priced at $18 per user/month
- Professional: At $30 per user/month
- Ultimate: For $42 per user/month
GoTo Connect sets itself apart in the VoIP industry as a customizable cloud phone system, placing a strong emphasis on adaptability to meet the unique needs of businesses.
The platform’s ability to offer a personalized phone tree directory and device-specific call routing enhances its appeal to businesses striving for efficiency and flexibility in customer interactions.
The service’s comprehensive feature set and adaptable approach make it an ideal choice for businesses looking for a VoIP solution that can grow and evolve with their changing needs.
- Allows call routing to any preferred device
- Provides valuable insights into call patterns and team performance
- Includes features like listen, whisper, and barge
- Smart call routing
- Team messaging
- Offers unlimited extensions
- Voicemail-to-email services
- Basic: $27 per user/month
- Standard: $32 per user/month
Dialpad stands out as one of the most innovative VoIP services, catering to various businesses, from startups to global enterprises.
Known for its versatility, Dialpad integrates various communication methods, such as video meetings, SMS, and MMS, into a single, user-friendly platform accessible via both desktop and mobile apps.
A key highlight of Dialpad is its incorporation of artificial intelligence, which significantly enhances the efficiency of meeting and call management.
- Includes an AI assistant
- Boasts a 100% uptime SLA
- Seamless integration with Google Workspace and Microsoft 365
- Offers unlimited outbound calling in the US and Canada
- Supports unlimited video meetings
- Standard: Priced at $15 per user/month
- Pro: At $25 per user/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing is available for large enterprises, tailored to their specific requirements
Vonage is a dynamic cloud-based VoIP service known for its comprehensive communication options, including voice functions, video calls, and messaging.
It benefits businesses needing international calling, offering robust support in over 40 countries.
Vonage is a robust solution for small businesses because of its commitment to providing unlimited calls and SMS messaging across various plans, its versatile app center, and its integration capabilities.
- Supports international calling
- Maintains a 99.999% uptime
- Compatible with over 20 platforms like Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, and G Suite
- One app for video, messaging, and voice
- Includes SMS, MMS, and Facebook Messenger in the Business Inbox
- Offers a customizable voice API
- Mobile: Starting at $13.99 per line per month
- Premium: Starting at $20.99 per line per month
- Advanced: Starting at $27.99 per line per month
What Is the Best VoIP Phone for Small Businesses?
For small businesses seeking the best VoIP phone system, Nextiva stands out as the top choice.
It perfectly balances affordability and a comprehensive feature set, ideal for small enterprises. Nextiva offers all the essential communication tools without annual contracts, making it more affordable than many high-end competitors.
This blend of cost-effectiveness, feature-richness, and flexibility makes Nextiva the best choice for small businesses looking for an efficient and reliable VoIP service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is VoIP worth it for small businesses?
Yes, VoIP is worth it for small businesses. It offers cost savings, advanced features, and scalability that traditional phone systems can’t match, making it ideal for growing businesses.
How much does VoIP cost for small businesses?
The cost of VoIP for small businesses varies, starting as low as around $10 per user per month, with more advanced features and plans increasing the cost.
Which VoIP has the best call quality?
Nextiva is often praised for its exceptional call quality among VoIP providers, offering clear, reliable communication essential for business operations.
Can I get VoIP for free?
Yes, you can start with CallHippo’s free plan, which provides basic services. However, upgrading to a paid plan is necessary for more comprehensive features.
And that’s it!
We hope you enjoyed this article on the best VoIP Services for small businesses.
If you liked it, maybe you’d also like to read:
- How to Track Phone Calls in Google Analytics 4 (Easy Way)
- How to Set Up GA4 Event Tracking in WordPress
- 15 Simple Ways to Boost Your eCommerce Conversion Rate