Ever wonder how your WordPress website is performing? Do you know which posts are popular, where your traffic is coming from, and which campaigns were successful?
With a WordPress plugin for Google Analytics, you can understand how people use your website. But with so many options out there, which plugin should you use?
In this article, we’ll show you some of the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress. Let’s start…
Why Do You Need a Google Analytics WordPress Plugin?
You might be wondering, what happens if you don’t use an analytics plugin? Well, you won’t have any data about your website’s performance or how people behave on your site.
Without this information, you can’t make sound decisions that really matter for your business. Instead, you’ll be guessing what your audience likes, which topics to cover, or which products to promote.
This could be either a hit or a miss since you don’t have any information to work with. That’s why a Google Analytics plugin is so important.
Here’s what you can do with the plugin:
- Measure Your Campaigns – You can track the performance of different campaigns and see which one got the best results
- Identify Referral Traffic Source – By finding out which referral sources send the most traffic, you can invest more on those channels to boost traffic and conversions
- Come Up with Content Topics – Tracking your content marketing efforts can help you discover topics that people like and perform best on your site
- Segment Your Visitors – With the help of Google Analytics, you can group your visitors into different groups and create highly targeted campaigns
- Increase Sales and Conversions – You can track your eCommerce store’s performance, check its conversion rate, and see which products to promote more
- Better Understand Your Audience – Using the data from Google Analytics, you can see which device your users use to find your website or which country they’re from
These were some of the benefits of using an Analytics plugin. Now, are you ready to find out the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress?
ExactMetrics is the best WordPress plugin for Google Analytics. It was previously known as Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress (GADWP) and is now part of the team that’s behind some of the most popular WordPress plugins like OptinMonster, WPForms, and WPBeginner.
ExactMetrics is a lightweight plugin and it makes using Google Analytics very easy. You can use it to add Google Analytics to your WordPress website without any coding.
Besides that, you can set up advanced tracking that’s not possible by default in Analytics. For instance, you can track file downloads on your website. With ExactMetrics, you can also view all your important reports inside your WordPress dashboard.
And with its different addons, you can track your eCommerce site’s performance, like WooCommerce conversions, form conversions, and lots more. The Media addon lets you track YouTube, Vimeo, and HTML5 videos with detailed viewing statistics.
ExactMetrics also integrates with other WordPress plugins like Formidable Forms, Easy Digital Downloads, Gravity Forms, and more.
Here are some other amazing features offered by ExactMetrics:
- Tracking across all devices
- Simple, clean, and easy-to-understand reports
- Automatic file download tracking
- Track form submissions
- Enable eCommerce tracking with a single click
- Affiliate link tracking
- Set up custom dimensions without additional configuration
- Make your site GDPR compliant
Pricing: You can get ExactMetrics for free with its lite plan but for more features, you’ll need a premium plan which starts from $99.50 per year.
MonsterInsights is by the same team that’s now behind ExactMetrics and it’s also one of the top Google Analytics WordPress plugins. Using the plugin, you can also set up Google Analytics on your WordPress website (without coding).
But the plugin is more than just a tool for adding analytics. You can use it to track the performance of your website and get data that matters to your business.
MonsterInsights has over 2 million active installs and is trusted by some of the largest brands in the industry like Microsoft, Bloomberg, PlayStation, FedEx, Yelp, and more.
Here are some features offered by MonsterInsights:
- Get reports in your WordPress dashboard
- Track visitors’ demographics, like age and gender
- Look at your most popular posts and pages
- Track the interests of your audience
- Discover top organic keywords and their click-through rate (CTR)
- Easy integration with other WordPress plugins
Pricing: MonsterInsights offers a free version along with paid plans that have more features and advanced tracking options. Its prices start from $99.50 per year.
Analytify is the next plugin on our list. It’s another popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress that lets you track your site’s performance. You can also use it to add Analytics to your website without having to manually insert the tracking code.
The plugin offers standard reports in your dashboard so you can view how your posts are performing. And if you want to get more details, you can use its page-level analytics, which shows you stats for each individual page or post.
You can also check out the following features of Analytify:
- View top countries and cities in terms of traffic
- Get mobile device statistics
- Real-time data of your website
- See statistics for social media
- Use different addons for advanced tracking
- Send email notifications of Google Analytics reports
Pricing: Analytify is a free WordPress plugin but it also offers a premium plan starting from $39 billed annually.
The plugin is easy to install and use. You can start tracking of your website in a matter of minutes and that too without any coding.
And then using the data from its 4 reports, you can make decisions to grow your business. Here are more features of the plugin:
- Offers reports for shopping behavior, checkout, products, and sales
- Understand your customer’s journey
- Supports guest checkout feature
- Anonymize IP addresses
- Offers Google Analytics Opt-out option
Pricing: Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin is available for free.
WP Google Analytics Events is a simple yet powerful plugin to set up events in analytics without coding. By using the plugin, you can track the interactions of your users.
For instance, it allows you to see if someone clicked on a video, email link, call to action (CTA), or how far a user scrolled through your page.
Here are some top features of WP Google Analytics Events:
- Enable event tracking with 1-click
- Supports videos from YouTube and Vimeo
- Track media and audio files
- Offers placeholders to enrich your event data
- Easily track link and button clicks
Pricing: WP Google Analytics Events is available for free. You can also get its Pro version to unlock more options and its prices start from $79 per year.
GA Google Analytics is the next WordPress plugin on our list. It’s another lightweight plugin that will not compromise your site’s page load speeds.
You can use it to connect your WordPress website with Google Analytics. GA Google Analytics is super easy to use and is GDPR compliant.
That said, the plugin has limitations like you cannot view Google Analytics reports inside your dashboard. And if you want more features, then you’ll have to upgrade to its Pro version.
Here are some of its features:
- Disable tracking for admin users
- Get accurate data tracking in Google Analytics
- Customize your tracking code
- Easily set up Google Analytics in WordPress
- Lightweight and fast plugin
- Pro plan includes visitor opt-out checkbox
Pricing: GA Google Analytics is a free plugin and its Pro version starts from $15.
Site Kit by Google is the official WordPress plugin for Google Analytics. The plugin lets you bring in your Analytics reports inside your WordPress dashboard.
It’s easy to use and you can add Google Analytics to your website using the plugin. Site Kit also integrates with other Google products like Search Console, Google Ads, PageSpeed Insights, and Tag Manager.
That said, there is a limitation to which reports you can view. This makes it not that useful when you want to make decisions by viewing the reports in WordPress.
Here are some features of Google Site Kit:
- Get stats from multiple Google tools
- Easy-to-use plugin
- Set up Google Analytics without editing code
- Easily manage the plugin
- Grant plugin access according to user roles
Pricing: Google Site Kit is a free WordPress plugin.
Which is the Best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress?
You’ve now made it to the end of your post. Each of the plugins in our list provides helps you add Google Analytics to your WordPress website.
They also offer advanced tracking that you can do with a click of a button. And using its reports, you can get data that helps you make decisions to grow your business.
With that, we hope you liked our article on the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress. You can also go through our post on how does Google Analytics works.